Leasing Foundation Programmes
The Foundation is committed to making the business finance industry a destination of choice for the next generation of talented, career-minded young individuals across the UK.
Typically we run four high-quality networking events per year, featuring inspirational guest speakers. Each one of these sessions provides the next generation in our sector with the opportunity to meet senior leaders in a relaxed and informal setting.
The Foundation passionately encourages young people to expand their networks and get to know their peers in an open and inclusive environment, giving them a significant advantage when it comes to seeking advice and guidance
Future plans involve working collaboratively with the Finance & Leasing Association to promote broader industry education.
In partnership with Asset Finance International, we are also able to offer access to two of the most prominent industry conferences at significantly reduced rates.
The Next Generation programme is managed by a steering group led by:
- Nathan Mollett, head of asset finance, United Trust Bank
- Graeme Chisholm, managing director, CBC Resourcing Solutions
With assistance from:
- Steve Nichols, area sales manager, Simply
- Alex McWilliams, broker support manager, Simply
- Samantha Lee, senior campaign manager, Wesleyan Bank Ltd
- Lauren McQuilken, business development manager, Metro Bank
If you are part of the next generation of industry talent, please join our LinkedIn group here to keep abreast of our news and events.
Look forward to seeing you at our next networking session!
Diversity & Inclusion
The Leasing Foundation Diversity & Inclusion Initiative encompasses sexual orientation, gender, race and ethnicity, mental health, disability and age, helps companies in the asset finance industry to understand the business benefits of building inclusive leadership, management, organisations and teams and will help them embed inclusion and diversity into hiring, performance management, succession management, leadership development and learning.
Each year, the group aims to host a number of events for those working in the finance industry. Previous events have focused on topics such as unconscious bias and mental health.
The Diversity & Inclusion initiative is managed by a steering group led by:
- Carol Roberts, head of asset finance, 1PM Plc
- Jo Davis, co-founder and director, Auxillias Ltd
With assistance from:
- Melanie Chell, head of asset finance, Shoosmiths
- Helen Lumb, chief financial officer, Shire Leasing Plc
- Brian P Murphy, sales manager, Alfa
- Catriona Powell, strategic change manager, Hitachi Capital Business Finance UK
- Laura Roberts, legal director, Liberty Leasing Plc
- Helena Thernstrom, head of legal, asset & invoice finance at RBS
- Emma Thomas, UK country proximity manager, Siemens Financial Services
The Innovation Initiative from The Leasing Foundation is a network for forward-thinking companies who wish to understand the benefits of emerging technologies.
Our industry is behind the game in terms of providing our customers with a good ‘journey’. This can be due to several reasons – including legacy systems, siloed organisational models, poor data and a lack of sight of what is available in the market in terms of technology and innovation.
The Innovation Initiative aims to:
- Simulate innovative solutions that address generic service problems
- Inspire new thinking about the benefits of new technologies
- Explore new tools that address common industry challenges
- Encourage collaboration and co-creation
We are hosting a series of breakfast debates that focus on key issues in technology and customer experience, help delegates become aware of the ever-expanding fintech landscape and explore how new technologies will transform the industry. Head over to our news and events page for details of our next debate.
We hope to inspire you to think differently about the challenges in your business - how to drive things forward, how to innovate and help the whole industry change its perspective. In turn this will stimulate conversations, encourage collaboration and help you build a network of contacts that will enable you and our industry take the appropriate steps into the future.
To be the first to hear about the innovations that could make a difference to our industry and to stay up-to-date with the latest news from the Innovation Initiative, please join the Innovation Initiative LinkedIn group here.
Membership of the Innovation Initiative and attendance at events are free.
The Innovation Initiative is managed by a steering group led by:
- Mike Randall, CEO, Simply
- Ylva Oertengren, COO, Simply
With assistance from:
- Andy Trimmer, head of technology, Simply
- Ellie Hunt-Pain, consultant, Alfa
- Tom Perkins, director and co-founder, Charles & Dean