The Foundation's leadership programme, The Leasing Foundation Future Leaders, invites a new group of exceptional people who are the future of the industry to participate in the programme starting July 2017.
THE LEASING FOUNDATION FUTURE LEADERS
18 months of personal and professional development, network building and learning for exceptional leaders of the future.
“The Future Leaders programme has been an excellent opportunity to build networks, discuss challenges in a supporting environment, and gain insight into the leasing industry from key industry leaders.”
Martin Ward, Leasing Foundation Future Leader 2013-15, Shoosmiths
Leasing Foundation Future Leaders is a programme of leadership development that identifies, nurtures and supports a network of exceptional people who are the future of the industry. It helps future leaders to develop visionary and strategic competencies for leadership, to achieve excellence, and to act with clarity, courage, and integrity.
Research by Deloitte revealed that only 13% of companies rated their organisations as having ‘excellent’ leadership programs at all levels – whether new, next generation or senior – with 87% rating their programs as ‘weak’ or ‘adequate’.
Deloitte 2014 global Human Capital Trends survey
The Leasing Foundation Future Leaders is a leadership development programme centred on authentic, relevant personal development and reflection. It recognises that leaders of the future leaders face new demands to be more resilient, to be culturally adaptive, to solve new and complex problems, and to be inclusive, innovative and imaginative.
The programme provides a variety of learning opportunities – not just courses and modules, but opportunities to self-reflect on experiences and perspectives.
This is not a one-size-fits-all approach to leadership development – rather it is participation in a set of diverse experiences that enable individuals to engage in ways that best meet their interests and professional needs.
A fantastic opportunity to meet with likeminded people and gain exposure to mentors who will enhance your career progression and opportunities.
Carl Daufer, Leasing Foundation Future Leader 2013-15, Bibby Leasing
During the programme, participants explore issues including how to connect strategy to purpose, how to identify, nurture and create excellence, how to act imaginatively and inclusively and how to focus on creating shared value. It recognises the common aspirations of new generations of emerging leaders to be models of thinking and acting, to challenge conventional wisdom and to empower others to act, that modern leaders are values based, reflective and purposeful.
The Foundation's Future Leaders programme provides an excellent opportunity to engage in a range of unique learning experiences. Gaining valuable insight from leaders in the industry and being able to network with other future leaders are the highlights of this innovative programme.
Amanda Scott, Leasing Foundation Future Leader 2014-16, Lombard
The programme is led from within the industry and is based on a modern self-organised learning approach that integrates with the demands of modern careers.
HOW IT WORKS
The programme provides an opportunity to be exposed to and learn from existing leaders in our industry. It also allows us to learn about other jobs within the industry and to create a network which we will hopefully maintain throughout our career.
Frederic Laurent, Leasing Foundation Future Leader 2014-16, CHP Consulting.
We bring together a group young and talented people from across the industry who have been recommended by senior sponsors.
Participants work together for 18 months in a facilitated learning set where they can draw on each others’ experiences and insights to explore their current and future leadership challenges.
“The course provides invaluable insight into many of the largest leasing businesses in Europe, and the opportunity to network with fellow cohort members and some of the top professionals in the industry is what really sets the course apart. As it is run by the industry, for the industry, I have felt from the outset that the senior figures taking part in the project take an interest in those who are involved and I have made some fantastic connections which I hope to maintain over my career.”
Matt Williams, Leasing Foundation Future Leader 2014-16, Close Brothers.
On exiting the programme, participants are expected to remain as alumni and act as mentors to each other. Over the next decade, the alumni network will grow to over 200 engaged individuals.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
I bought into the concept of a programme that was designed to stimulate discussion and to expose us to different segments of the industry – rather than a classroom style learning experience.
Chris Watts, Leasing Foundation Future Leader 2013-15, Caterpillar Financial
The Foundation provides development opportunities including:
- Action learning sets: where future leaders share real problems in a small group led by a facilitator who helps develop real solutions based on challenge from, and with the support of, peers' experiences and insights
- Executive coaching: personal development supported by experienced executive coaches that is focused on personal development agendas
- Industry briefings: in-depth on-site discussions on-site that help participants understand business models and emerging industry challenges
- The Crucible: a closed door discussion with with senior leaders in the industry. These leaders have included Marie-Christine Ducholet (CEO, SGEF), Andy Hart (CEO, Investec), John Hooper (formerly COO, Yorkshire Bank), Chris Sullivan (formerly Deputy CEO, RBS), Jonathan Andrew (Global CEO, Siemens Financial Services), Carol Roberts (Managing Director, Bibby), Rich Green (former President, CIT Group), Mike Randall (former CEO, Close Bothers), Andrew Denton (CEO, Alfa), Philip White (CEO, Syscap).
- Leadership summit: a learning-focused event exclusively for Future Leaders participants and alumni alongside the Leasing Foundation Annual Conference
- Networking dinners: two dinners for participants and alumni held in London
- A growing alumni network: an opportunity to build lifelong relationships with leaders of the future, and access to a network that will grow to 200 influential industry professionals by 2025.
The Future Leaders programme has provided a thought-provoking platform to discuss real-world problems with some of the most impressive minds in the industry. This programme allows you build relationships with likeminded people and the diverse nature of the participants guarantees that every person can learn from other people's experiences.
Ryan Brodley, Leasing Foundation Future Leader 2013-15, Alfa
The fee is £3,250 for each participant. This funds the coordination and delivery of the programme. The fee is payable when the programme starts.
Contact Peter Thomas email@example.com to discuss the programme.